Things to Consider When Choosing a Gluten Free Bread
• Check the nutrition panel. Gluten free bread alternatives often offer little, if any actual nutritional value.
• Read the ingredients carefully. The grain flours and starches used to replace gluten-containing grains register high on the glycemic scale, potentially spiking blood sugar.
• Take note of fillers and additives. Gluten free products often contain additives such as guar and xanthan gums.
• Read customer reviews of the product. Gluten free breads are often dry and tasteless, break apart easily, and get soggy quickly.
• Check the carb content. Dietary health trends have moved to lower carbohydrate eating, making gluten free bread substitutes - which are often high in carbs - unsatisfactory, especially to Paleo/Keto eaters needing low carb, grain-free options.
• In summary, gluten free bread substitutes often just don't measure up.
And health questions surrounding gluten free substitutes are rising...
What's the Solution? Planet Princess Buns, of course!